My internet went out again for about eighteen hours. This pisses me off, but particularly because I ended up losing an auction because of it. (Dammit, I wanted that other Arwen doll! Lavender Coat Arwen needs White Dress Arwen so they can gang up on the Eowyn doll and kick her ass! Usually Galadriel tries to intervene, but sometimes she just looks the other way. It's a family thing, you know.)
Hmmm. I've never done a Friday Five--hell, I just figured out where the questions come from, because I am dumb.
1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not? I love to shop; I just don't have the money to actually buy things. It's been fun doing some hardcore shopping with my mother, but it's also hard, because I've always had these urges to buy everything I see. Particularly if it's jewelry. And (just to be clear) I've never been able to. If I ever get rich and famous, I'm going to be in trouble.
2. What was the last thing you purchased? The ROTK soundtrack yesterday. On the same trip, to my credit, I bought Christmas presents for my mother and my college friends.
3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why? Online, because I'm your typical spendthrift Sagittarius, and when I have everything laid out in front of me in multiple windows, I can calculate the difference between what I want and what I need and make myself behave. Also? Websites don't judge your purchases, man.
4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it? I did, sort of--it was five dollars a week when I was very young, and then it just became, "Mom, could I have some money?," and she'd give me a twenty every now and then. I'm gobsmacked to hear of kids with $100 weekly allowances, mostly because it sounds like I was born too early.
5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing? Honestly, I can't remember. I'm in grad school and don't have a lot of money, so I really don't buy very much. It was probably some CD that turned out to have only one song on it that I liked, or a new shirt that didn't live up to the promises it made in the store ("I will make you look fabulous! Ten pounds lighter! Also, I do windows!").
You know what also pisses me off? The fact that my internet died in the middle of writing this entry. Bitches.