2. Read Ray Bradbury.
3. Faff around on internet. Go back and tag August entries, because laziness had set in. Despair of going back and tagging all the pre-tag era entries from 2003 - 2005.
4. Avoid Alabama-Hawaii game on TV downstairs, as well as associated shrieking.
6. Sunday breakfast. Mmmtoast.
8. Faff around on internet. Discover discussion of mythical Jurassic Park 4 on FW. Realize I have bombshell to contribute to discussion; search "cracked out" on journal, dig up old AICN link. Remember this one, guys?
9. Write up linkspam; consider lunch.
Linkspam both frivolous and sobering:
ALIEN MERMAID WTF. I mean, no, it's not real; it's on Snopes. It's just--who said, "You know what, I'm gonna fake a mermaid corpse, but this one, this one's gonna be an alien mermaid"?
Okay, it's time to address the Suri Cruise sculpture. I've seen this linked a few places, and no, Crazy Tom Cruise did not have his mythical baby's first poop bronzed. Number one, she isn't even on solid food yet anyway. Number two, this is from the same sculptor who did the statue of naked Britney Spears giving birth on a bearskin rug. Tom Cruise is crazy, but he ain't this crazy; he had nothing to do with this.
Remember the discussion we had about watching movie casts take shape, and people who didn't get famous roles? This site is for you.
This is the link I was talking about yesterday. It's a trailer for a documentary called The Bridge, wherein the filmmakers spent a year documenting all the suicides at the Golden Gate Bridge, the most suicide-prone spot in the world, apparently, in trying to figure out... why, I guess. ( Collapse )
Juxtaposed against that, this site takes on a whole new meaning. It's amazing, though--once the applet has loaded, you can click random dots ("happy," "guilty," "sad") and see real excerpts from online journals. I don't know how they collect them ("12 mins ago"), but apparently the key word in all the sentences is "feel."
And now that I've depressed the hell out of you: here, have a panda dancing. It might make you feel better.