From zoethe: Roadkill candy?
Lohan's Dad Caught Up in Death Threat Scandal
Lindsay Lohan's mother and siblings have rushed to join the actress on the set of her new movie in New Orleans, Louisiana, after newspaper reports her father wants to kill them. Just days after Michael Lohan was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving, gossips in New York claim he told a security guard he was planning to kill his estranged wife Dina and their kids. Reporters claim the allegations against Lohan can be found in divorce papers filed by his wife. In the leaked papers, Dina Lohan claims her husband told a security guard he was planning to kill her and get away with it, stating, "OJ has nothing on me... I know exactly how I'm going to kill (them). I know when I'm going to do it and I'm going to enjoy it." But Lohan's representatives insist the latest family scandal has failed to upset the teenager. One spokeswoman says, "Lindsay's in a good space. She's keeping busy."Good to know.
Spotted by spectralbovine: "What about second flashbacks?" ETA: give batyatoon her props here.
My Oscar predictions:
1. The show is going to suck as no Oscar show has ever sucked before, and it will be a fabulous trainwreck.
2. The whole Gangs of New York campaign where Miramax tried to strong-arm Hollywood into finally giving Scorsese an Oscar not only failed, but killed any desire to give Scorsese anything. It's still a tight race, but word on the street is that Million Dollar Baby is going to win. Hell, Eastwood will probably win for director, too.
3. Annette Bening might win for Best Actress, because--well, look who she's married to. But it could likely be Hilary Swank for Million Dollar Baby, and while she probably deserves it, we will still be plunged into a world where Hilary Swank has two Oscars and Kate Winslet has none.
4. Jamie Foxx will win Best Actor. Failing that, Chris Rock will burn the Kodak Theater down. You laugh, but he's the one who said it, not me.
5. Cate Blanchett will win Best Supporting Actress, or I will go burn the Kodak down. You laugh, but I have lighter fluid.
6. Best Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman won the SAG. Clive Owen won the Golden Globe. I have no idea. I would like to see Clive Owen win, but if he loses, we will be plunged into a world where Morgan Freeman has two Oscars, and... I can totally live with that. ETA: Dammit! I am so off my game this year! Freeman has never won an Oscar--I was totally thinking he won an Oscar for Glory, but that was Denzel Washington, which I knew! Like apparently I was imagining some alternate universe where they could both win the same award for the same movie. Dammit. Clive so doesn't have a chance.
7. My personal, highly biased, completely unqualified-to-talk-because-I-didn't-see-a