1. A movie.
2. A book.
3. A musical artist, song, or album.
4. An LJ user not on my [whose? mine, or the original poster's?] friends list.
1. Movie: Hmmm. Something you might not have seen... Picnic at Hanging Rock is awesome. If you've recently seen Master and Commander and want to see more of Peter Weir's work, try this one. I just got it on DVD for Christmas after wearing a tape of it out. It's about some Australian (I think?) schoolgirls who go missing in the outback circa... let's say 1900 or so. Gorgeous and haunting and spooky and... not for people who like tidy endings.
2. Well, I'm reading From Hell right now, and in the last hour have learned Neil Gaiman-approved euphemisms for Victorian sex acts. Can't get much better than that.
3. Oh, everyone knows my musical taste is frozen back before 1998. I'm still proud of discovering Papas Fritas from that Dentyne Ice commercial. (Shut up, man. "Way You Walk" is awesome. Don't lie.)
4. Hmm. I don't know. I'm looking for movie news communities at the moment, to make working on the site a little easier... like lotr_news or dawn_treader. And I pretty much friend anyone I want to keep an eye on, so... who would you recommend?