A few things you may (or may not) have noticed, including the after-credit scenes. Trailer caps are from cap_it; larger pictures are mostly from OutNow:
>> Two screencaps from the scene after the credits in the first movie, if you didn't see that. It will explain some logistics in the second. Note: the caps are in reverse order on this entry--effect and cause, not cause and effect.
>> Lo-res video of the scene after the credits in the second movie.
>> Check out the chicken foot hanging from Tia Dalma's neck. Yeah, I'm pretty sure she does the voodoo.
>> Is this Barbossa's hat? Although, I think the very top of his was sliced off near the end of the first movie (shut up, I was watching commentaries last week!). But Jack spends a good amount of time examining it (I have three frames from the trailer alone).
>> The puzzle of Jack's stolen
future plot point ring: people noticed that Jack steals a ring at some point in the Tia Dalma scene. (I missed this; I thought he stole the heart necklace.) Therefore, he is not wearing it before that scene, and he must be wearing it after that scene. But which ring is it?
- Jack on the Black Pearl, early in the movie.
- After escaping the Pelegosto cannibals.
- In the boat going to Tia Dalma's.
- Tia Dalma has thrown the crab claws, which is near the end of the scene, and therefore he must have the ring by now.
- Jack's rings on Tortuga.
- Back on the Black Pearl.
- On the island of Las Cruces (I think was the name?).
- Shooting the kraken.
- Jack's last moments. Yes, this actually appeared in the trailer, minus the actual kraken CGI.
ETA: We seem to have a consensus: it's the plain gold ring with the dark stone in the middle. The stone itself seems to be a vivid purple (see the Las Cruces pictures). That said, I seriously want the big green twisty ring on his thumb.