The flickr mosaic meme, specifically, which I stole from missmp:
01. Answer each of the questions below the cut using the [Flickr] search engine. (ETA: I've changed the URL so it will automatically search "Most Interesting" for you.)
02. Choose a photo from the first three pages.
03. Copy the URL of your favorite photos [here].
04. Then share with the world.
01. First Name: Lauren. I love that I was able to find this princessy fantasy shot for this one, because I love that kind of LOTR-esque thing anyway, but also, I always wanted to be a princess. I mean, these days I'd rather be more of a Galadriel-type princess/queen with her own realm and lair and shit than a damsel-in-distress type, but, you know--I never felt adequately girly as a child (my father's nickname for me was "Sport"), so "princess" appealed to me in an out-of-my-reach kind of way.
02. Favorite Food: Pizza. Specifically pepperoni, but I am open to negotiation. Oh, you know what's also really good? Sausage and fresh tomato.
03. Hometown: Birmingham, Alabama. I had the Alabama Theatre here originally, but I changed it out for a daylight picture to balance out the mosaic colors. One of the things I've always loved is that even downtown is full of green and trees.
04. Favorite Color: Really, my favorite color is that kind of periwinkle shade where you're not really sure if it's blue or purple. But when I searched "periwinkle," I found that flower and loved the color, so: close enough.
(You know why my journal is purple? I mean, I like the color, but the original background image was blue, and I felt like that might be a little depressing after awhile. My default icon, a piece of Marguerite Sauvage artwork, was originally pink, which I felt would be a little too sugary. So I compromised and adjusted them both to a light/medium purple.)
05. Celebrity Crush: You know, rather than embarrass myself with a long list of male celebrity crushes (or attempt to choose one), I'll just give you my biggest girlcrush, which is Cate Blanchett. I'm sure you are shocked. (Second biggest: Keira Knightley. Again, you are shocked.)
06. Favorite Drink: Long Islands. I mean, I also like Woodchuck Amber and margaritas, but Long Islands are my favorite. All I ask is that you put enough Coke in to mask the taste of liquor a little. I'm sucking down four or five kinds of booze here; I don't think a couple of ounces of Coke is really doing to diminish the buzz that much.
07. Dream Holiday: Someplace woodsy. You know, I didn't even know what location to specify--just some deep green forest. I liked rambling through
08. Favorite Dessert: Hot fudge sundaes. See, what you want to do is get a fudge sauce that's not so sweet--just a little bit salty--and you have to make sure it's pretty hot, so that when you get a spoonful you get the hot and the cold and the sweet and the kinda-salty all at once. Mmmmmm.
Also pretty good: crème brulée.
09. What I Want To Be When I Grow Up: A writer. (Well, I am grown up, aren't I?)
10. What I Love Most In The World: I really could not think of something specific for this, so I sat back and thought, well, when am I the happiest? So I chose "writing."
11. One Word That Describes Me: Scattered. Of course you go into this trying to choose a word that doesn't make you look like a presumptuous asshole. I mean, no one's going to choose "gorgeous" or "brilliant" or whatever. So I think this one describes me pretty well, although I chose a picture that I thought actually had a positive visual connotation, if that makes any sense, because being "scattered" is a huge flaw on my part, but you can also think of it as diversifying your interests.
Also, I am easily distracted by shiny things.
12. My LiveJournal Name: cleolinda, obviously. A flickr search pretty much pulls up covers of my book.
Image credits: 1. Of Lauren, 2. Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, 3. Downtown Birmingham, Alabama, 4. Purple Song, 5. Cate Blanchett, 6. Long Island Iced Tea, 7. Wind was blowing, time stood still, 8. Pure Beauty :p, 9. writer's teeth, 10. write me a letter..., 11. golden...., 12. Hatchard's Last Copy