Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce... Camille.
Camille is a lady, and she will kick your ass like one with her 6GB of RAM and her 650GB storage capacity (7200 rpm). She has every kind of CD/DVD drive except a Blu-Ray (nobody's perfect), a built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n), and an Intel® Pentium® processor E5300 with 800MHz frontside bus, 2MB L2 cache and 2.6GHz processor speed. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds pretty badass. And all for a cool $509.
(What? Quantum of Solace was on the top of my DVD pile.)
I am not, however, writing this on Camille right now. Camille is still chilling upstairs in her box. Let me explain why:
1. My mother lost her car keys and pretty much her fool mind this morning and charged around tearing the house apart for two hours and finally, after using her spare set to run some errands, found them IN THE RECYCLING BIN.
2. The Geek Squad totally
3. I don't know what I've pinched in my back/hip, but it's killing me. Dragging Betsy 2.0 down the stairs didn't help it either. And then we decided not to transfer the data off her right now anyway, so it was all for nothing.
4. I don't know what's wrong with my grandmother's plumbing exactly, except that it's going to involve $2000 and a backhoe.
5. Twitter was hit by a DDOS attack (Facebook and LJ apparently were as well) and it's not like I get to spend a whole lot of time on this computer downstairs, so this is really putting a crimp in my style.
6. The cat threw up on my bed.
7. THE FUCKING CAT THREW UP ON MY FUCKING BED, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. On my BRAND NEW comforter. (Okay, it's a year old, but I have kept that thing PRISTINE, so IT COUNTS.) And then the hworf soaked through both the sheets and through the mattress cover. And also got on the quilt, except that I didn't notice this until I was curled up in it trying to get my hip to knock the whole pain thing off like an 80-year-old woman and then CAT BARF CAT BARF NOOOOOO.
8. God, I hope that was cat barf.
I am pretty sure that if I were to try to plug Camille in right now, she would burst into flame. So... we're not so much with the doing of that today. Better luck tomorrow.
Tomorrow now being today. But not yet set up. *crosses fingers*